What We Believe
New Life Camp/Children’s Bible Ministries of NC, Inc. serves along nondenominational lines, and as such there are certain essential truths which we believe. As Christians, we believe in the necessity of the new birth as the work of God, the obtainment of the Holy Spirit only by receiving the Lord Jesus Christ, and that men are saved by grace through faith, not by works.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the completely inspired (God-breathed) Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings.(Matt. 5:18; John 16:12-13; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21)
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin; as God the Son, co-equal and co-existent with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.
(Matt 1:1-2:13; John 1:1-11; 14-16; Phil. 2:5-11; Col. 1:15)
- We believe in man’s fallen condition, through nature and practice, he stands guilty before God and is righteously judged fit only for an external hell.
(Gen. 3:1-113; Matt. 25:46; Rom. 3:10 & 23; 5:12-21; I Cor. 15:21-22; I Thess. 1:7-10; Rev. 20:12-15)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that His shed blood is the only, the all-satisfying, and eternally secure ground of justification to all who believe Him. The Lord Jesus was also raised from the dead on the third day in the same body in which He was crucified, and He has qualified the saints for service here, a like resurrection, and a place in His divine presence for eternity.
(Matt. 28; Luke 24: 39-43; Rom 3:21-28; 5:10-11; I Cor. 15: 3-4; I Tim. 2:5-6; Heb. 9:11-22; I Pet. 1:18-20; I John 2:2; 5:10-13)
- We believe that repentance, forgiveness and becoming a new creature are several of the many experiences of the Christian who is kept by God’s power, being secure in Christ forever and that it is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of salvation.
(John 6:37-40; 10:27-30; Rom. 8:1, 38-39; I Cor. 5:17; I John 5:11-13)
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a person who convicts sinners and who regenerates and baptizes them at the moment of their salvation into the body of Christ. We also believe that the Holy Spirit indwells and seals all who believe until Christ returns and fills and empowers for service those who are yielded to Him.
(John 16:8-11; Rom. 8-9; 1 Cor. 6:19-20; 12:12-14; Gal. 5:16; Eph. 1:13-14; 4:30; 5:18; Titus 3:5)
- We believe in the visible, personal, and imminent return of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for His church.
(John 14:3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thess. 4:13-18)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the justified and of the unjustified, the everlasting felicity of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
(John 11:23-27; Rom. 8:11; 2 Cor. 5:1; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; Rev. 20:12-15)
- We believe that God hears and answers the prayer of faith, in accord with His own will, for the sick and afflicted.
(John 15:7, 1 John 5:14-15)
In light of several inquiries from parents about how New Life Camp will manage and message, related to numerous issues of gender and sexuality currently in the culture… The NLC staff offers this public statement which is based on the New Life Camp Board of Directors’ internal and HR statements in the NLC By-Laws.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God and his purpose and wisdom in creation. (Genesis 1:26-27)
- As it relates to practical operations of New Life Camp, we will house campers in cabins, by their gender at birth, and while we will never seek to make any camper uncomfortable, it will be the general course of communication to use pronouns associated with gender at birth.
- However, our conviction related to gender and sexuality is coupled with the grace that God has shown each one of us. As such, we believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrinal/value statements of CBM.
- It is not necessary that campers be in agreement with our statement of beliefs to participate in NLC activities, but we want to be transparent regarding our operations, organizational values, and staff training.
- All are welcome and accepted at New Life Camp.