Volunteer with NLC
New Life Camp is able to have a wide variety of programs and events because of our wonderful volunteers. If you are interested in getting involved, please take a look at some of our volunteer opportunities.
Our Leaders in Training (LIT) program is for students ages for 13-18 who have a desire to volunteer at New Life Camp during the year, and who may also be interested in serving on our summer staff in future years.
- Summer Camp 2020
- Registration opens: (Registration is now closed)
- Deadline to Register: February 21
- Application, Manual and Test Posted Online: March 3 (see below)
- Deadline to Complete Application, Manual and Test: March 27
- LIT Summer Camp Week Assignments emailed to applicants: April 22
- We will also email those who will not be used on the same date
- LIT Orientation: Sunday, May 17 @ 3-8pm
- School Year Events that we use LIT’s for are LEARN Clubs, Retreats, and SN@C.
- No registration necessary, but email us so that we can give you access to the materials needed.
- Application, Manual, and Test Posted Online: March 3 (see below)
- Invitation to School Year Events: coming in August
- Individual must reapply and take the test each year to participate, regardless of whether they are new or returning.
- Click here to access the materials: this page is password-protected. The password is only sent to those who registered for our Summer Camp LIT orientation or emailed us for applying for School Year Events above.
Summer Camp 2020
- Overnight Counselor in Training (OCIT) – shadows a counselor to receive training and experience (Sun 3:00pm-Fri 6:30pm; stays overnight).
- Day Camp Counselor in Training (DCIT)- shadows a counselor to receive training and experience (Mon-Thu 8:00am-5:00pm, Friday 8:00am – 6:30pm; does not stay overnight).
- Program Staff in Training (PSIT) – shadows the program staff, receives training and experience, and performs various jobs around camp (Sun 3:00pm-Fri 6:30pm; stays overnight)
- Kitchen Staff in Training (KSIT) – shadows the cooks, receives training and experience, and helps prepare meals for campers and staff (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm; does not stay overnight)
School Year Events Fall 2020-2021
- These are the available roles for SN@C, LEARN Clubs, and Retreats:
- Counselors in Training (CIT) – shadows a counselor to receive training and experience.
- Program Staff in Training (PSIT) – shadows the program staff, receives training and experience, and performs various jobs around camp.
- Our Kitchen Volunteers are a GIFT to us! Preparing meals for 200-250 campers/day (plus summer staff & volunteers), we couldn’t do camp without them.
- We would love your help if you are able to commit to:
- 1 meal/week for the majority of the summer
- 1 day/week for the majority of the summer
- For Summer 2020, we are especially looking for those able to serve on Tuesdays, Thursdays or dinner times.
- Check-in volunteers are needed on Sunday afternoons for 2-3 hours and/or Monday mornings for 1-2 hours throughout the summer camp weeks. Volunteers will greet families and assist them in processing simple paperwork.
- Various jobs and projects around camp are constantly needing help from volunteers! Whether you are interested in a recurring role or a one-time project, we would love your help. For more information, please email our Director of Facilities.
- Past projects include: upkeep of soccer fields by mowing and painting lines, pruning plants, leaf cleanup, caulking the log cabin, installing wooden support slats on bunkbeds, plumbing, changing air filters, repairing utility vehicles and much more!
Next Level Basketball
- Applicants must have graduated high school and know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- They must have a passion for reaching children for Christ through basketball.
- A coach’s manual must be read and signed prior to the season. Training sessions are offered to prepare coaches who desire additional training.
- Time commitment is 9 weeks: 9 weeks of 1 hour practices (1.5 hours for 18U divisions), 8 one-hour games, and attendance during Awards Night Celebration. Additionally, there is a tournament for 13U&18U divisions.
Head Coach Application coming in November.
- Applicants must be 14 years old and above and know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- Applicants must have a passion for ministering to children on game days by officiating games.
- Training sessions are held to prepare.
- Time commitment: referees are scheduled week by week and only for games for which they are available.
Referee Application coming in November.
- Help the Head Coach at practices and games.
- Assistant Coaches must be at least 14 years old and at least 2 years older than the oldest player on the team with which they are assisting.
- No application needed.
- Volunteer for your child’s team.
- Assist the head coach by sending out email reminders, organizing snacks and drinks for the players and covering game day responsibilities.
Scorekeeping and Clock Keeping
- Anyone 14 years or older can help by tracking score, running the clock, keeping fouls, and alternating possessions.