General Policies & Program Details
Updated August 30, 2022
General Policies Related to COVID-19
The safety and health of campers and staff is always the highest priority at New Life Camp, and camps have a long history of planning for and managing communicable diseases. With the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), New Life Camp regularly reviews our health-related plans and procedures.
- We pray for God’s wisdom and guidance as we pursue the utmost safety for our campers.
- In general, we ask that parents do not bring their children to camp who are ill. We also ask our staff not to come to camp if they are ill.
- New Life Camp reserves the right not to admit people who pose a communicable disease risk to others.
- We are monitoring and following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, and the Wake County Department of Health and Human Services.
- We continue membership in the American Camping Association (ACA), who provides support to camp professionals and proactively surveys for emerging threats.
Screening at Home Before Attending
All participants, staff, and volunteers are responsible to check themselves at home for the following symptoms before attending an activity or event. If any of the following are true at least 5 days before they attend an activity or event they will not be able to participate:
- Have had a fever of 100.4° F. or greater.
- Have had a persistent cough, shortness of breath, congestion, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, runny nose, muscle aches, nausea, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, or vomiting.
- The individual tests positive for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
Our Health Precautions
Some of the general things New Life Camp will be doing to keep participants, staff, and volunteers safe and healthy are:
- Face masks are optional for all staff, participants, and volunteers while at New Life Camp.
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices
- Limiting sharing
- Training all staff in communicable disease risk mitigation
- Health monitoring and screening
Quarantine Requirements for COVID-19
New Life Camp will follow the quarantine requirements as follows:
If You Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolate)
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- We recommend wearing a mask around others for 5 additional days, unless you have a medical exemption.
If you have a fever, continue to stay home until your fever resolves.